What do you do with Hexies?
10 Gorgeous Hexie Projects
- Hexie Sewing Kit by A Spoonful of Sugar.
- English Paper Piecing Travel Kit by The Zen of Making.
- Quilted Hexie Zipper Pouch by Michael Ann Made.
- Hexie Mug Rug by Sew Delicious (that’s me!)
- Hexie Pin Cushion by Crazy Mom Quilts.
- Hexie Pillow by An Art School Dropout’s Life.
How many 1 inch hexagons does it take to make a quilt?
For example, you want to make your quilt using 1″ hexagons. One block would require about 52 hexagons. So, 52 hexes x 90 blocks = 4,680 hexagons. (If you’re using tiny, 1/2″ hexagons, you would need 18,720 hexagons!