What page count is best for saddle stitch?
Saddle stitch documents need to be built in page multiples of 4 pages (8, 12, 16, etc.) because they are printed on sheets that are folded in half.
Why is my PDF booklet printing upside down?
Problem: On duplex printers, pages print upside down and on the backside of the paper. Solution: Check the “landscape/portrait produces vertical flipping” box in the Advanced dialog. … Solution: Try toggling the “print pages in reverse” option in the Advanced dialog and try again. Use a 4 page document to experiment.
How do I turn a PDF into a booklet?
Print a multi-page document as booklet:
- Choose File > Print.
- Select a printer from the menu at the top of the Print dialog box.
- In the Pages to Print area, select which pages you want in the booklet. …
- Under Page Sizing & Handling, choose Booklet.
How do you prepare an InDesign file for printing?
Choose File > Export. Type in a name and choose the location for the final exported file. If you want the PDF to have the same file name as the document, select “Use InDesign Document Name as the Output Filename.” Under “Save As Type,” (if you’re using Windows) or “Format” (on Mac OS), select Adobe PDF (Print).
What are reader spreads?
A reader’s spread is the consecutive placement of pages by page numbers. In other words, it’s the order in which we read a publication. For example: A reader’s spread in a book would have pages ordered like this: 1, 2/3, 4/5, 6/7 and so on.
How do I save an InDesign book as a PDF?
Impose a document for booklet printing
- Choose File > Print Booklet.
- If a printer preset has the settings you want, choose it in the Print Preset menu. …
- If you don’t want the entire document to be imposed, select Range in the Setup area and specify which pages to include in the imposition.